My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Batam .

Went to Batam in March earlier this year.

Holiday mode!


Macs for brekkie; boarded a ferry at Habourfront.


Bye Singapore!


On the ferry..




JQ snapped this picture of me when we went to enjoy the sun and wind on the balcony of the ferry.


We reached!


Went straight to the cable ski park at Batam.


The layout of the cable ski lake.



Generally when you fall at the further end of the water, you can hitch a ride on a motorcycle back to the front of the lake. I chose to fall there a few times just to ride on the motorcycle lol.




Some pros gearing up.


My friends in the water. Hahaha.




Haha I think no one captured a picture of me capsizing. Lol.


QQ going off on the kneeboard.


One joy in cable skiing: when you're able to ski side by side with a friend.





My friends told me when I was talking to others I didn't realise that my friends were actually calling out to me. Realised one of my flaws - inability to multitask, thus I tend to neglect my surroundings when I'm busy doing something.

Sorry if I happen to ignore/ neglect anybody kay. Not on purpose haha.


Saw a baby monkey. I don't really like monkeys...


Free Iphone charging station. Kinda thoughtful to include this facility. :D


Shagged faces.

And here's the casualty...


Ouch right. Mine's just some abrasion on my legs/ feet haha. Poor YL and her bleeding nails/ orh che(blue blacks) !

At the end of the day, only QQ and YL managed to stand up on the wakeboard.
JQ and I gave up trying. It's damn hard! Shall try harder next time round...

Took a taxi to our hotel. The taxi driver had some kinda funny laughter that cracked us up. And I still remember his name. Robert Deniro or something. Hahaha.


The hotel. Design is so Batam-ish/ Indonesian. If you know what I mean.





Post shower. Refreshed!

Robert DeNiro (the taxi driver) brought us to buy thousand layer cakes. Apparently that's the signature food of Batam. And guess what, I discovered one of the signature food of Singapore is pandan cake. Apart from laksa, Hainanese chicken rice etc. Hmmmm...



Dinner at Golden Prawn. It sucked.


But the place looked very Indonesian. Quite nice in a way. Food sucked though.



There was some kinda live karaoke going on. I think random people can just approach the stage and start singing. It was bad music hahahaha.


Haha YL looked so shagged! And QQ scooping rice for us how nice.


Wa I look mad tired here. JQ told me to point at the dragon fruit juice. LOL.

'Ma lai feng guang' in Batam. Kang kong.

Ended the night with an awesome massage. One of the best ever! And awesome ginger tea. Slurps.


QQ and the hotel door.

Went shopping for abit.


But honestly. Nothing much to shop. Hahaha.


Saw the Singaporean army show on the TV screens in Batam. How random haha.


Tried the KFC at Batam. Chicken = not bad. But instead of fries they eat it with rice. Kinda weird.

Shopping at the supermarket in Batam is awesome. It's very cheap. The Singaporean supermarkets are sucking our  money!


Shopping for Indo-mie. Spam ahhhhh.



Bought matching Hello Kitty passport holders :D


Ok end of the short trip.

Cheers! With oreos on the ferry ride back to SG.

No comments: