My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

✈台北101 ✈

Lagged post. ;)

✈台灣✈ Part 2 ! 

Day 2...

We left Xi Men Ding. Wanted to go to an amusement park on the 2nd day but our accommodation was screwed up because we were back-packing and didn't 'pre-book' anywhere to stay in.


Xi Men Ding area! Rainy day... Poh (my uni friend) bought an umbrella from 7-11 that day.

Bye Bye Xi Men Ding! (for now....)

Went to Jiang Zi Cui to check out this hostel to stay in but nobody answered the door! In the end we sought help from the Taiwan locals there (from a manicure shop and from this paper box shop) and managed to catch hold of the person i/c but sadly the hostel was full house.

THE BACKPACKERS

Kinda like this pic.

A random breakfast in the Jiang Zi Cui area.

MILK TEA FOR BREAKFAST! WOOHOO

Pardon me I look very plain in the pictures. Reason: Backpacking thus I didn't bother dressing up and I had a slight flu!


YUMS!


My favourite breakfast ever! Chicken roll. I had this several times on this trip haha. YUMS


After breakfast we decided to try our luck looking for somewhere to stay elsewhere as recommended by the locals.

 How the train station looks like in Taiwan.



Machine to top up your travel card or buy a travel token

We took a train to this random station most tourists would not visit and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise cos it's quite a pretty place. I forgot the name of the place ooops.

Mesmerized Poh


Picturesque Graffiti wall




Smiley me (:


Hunted around, finally settled for this random hotel which had WIFI at the reception area. Whatsapp-ed all my loved ones there (:

Our 2nd hotel room!
There was something we didn't like about this hotel but I can't remember what. I think there were small flies in the hotel room or it was stuffy or something.

A car park with traffic lights


Mr P exploring

Very obviously, one main mode of transport in Taiwan is via scooters
Felt kinda hungry so we grabbed some sushi from a road-side store.

Not my hand

We went to buy train tickets to Hualien for the next day.

A random shopping mall. Can't remember where it was already

He studies accountancy. Counting our change

Our tix! Yay! This is for the slower railway train.

Making last minute reservations for accommodation @ Hualien

Lockers for bags... We didn't use them
Bought dunkin' donuts to munch on
We then made our way to Taipei 101.

On the shuttle there...

Cute helmet sighted

Inside Taipei 101
Cute cupcakes
Awesome drinks from this shop. I love the Choc Banana mix. YUM

OMU RICE. *happy sigh*

I think Taipei 101's food court is really nice. I'll definitely go back!




Taipei 101!
With the famous 'LOVE'.
I remember we got some random couple to take a pic for us and we returned the favour too. Haha.

Checking out where to go next
We headed to Zhou Xiao area to have Ding Tai Fung.


Ding Tai Fung... Slight more pricey food but worth a try (imo)!

Suan Lang Tang (Sour/ Spicy soup)


I highly suspect there's pig blood inside cos it looks like it D:
Oh well WUTEVER

XIAO LONG BAO


I like the ambience of the restaurant (:
Ding Tai Fung was the most expensive meal of the trip.
Hahaha back packing rocks cos it's fun/ impromptu, and quite budget. I love it :D

Cute mascot.
 I bought a mini version of it for my mom- keychain version
Ended the day with snacks from 7-11. Mr P bought cha ye dan (tea egg? tea bag egg? no idea what's the english name)

The oreo ice cream was absolute love. Singapore, why you no import?! Hahahaa.


Anyway, poor Mr P had to exit the hotel room and stay at the reception area till really late to use the WIFI and settle his internship stuff back in Singapore.

D: 

I stayed in the hotel room and watched TV programmes till I fell asleep. The Taiwanese argue about the standard of their oyster omelette (orh lua) on TV. Haha that dish is their national pride... 

Ok I'm pretty tired after blogging and work's shitty. I have work tomorrow.

Bye....

No comments: