My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Bangkok ✈

Hello!

It's Sunday night again. Love the weather at night recently... It's really cold and nice for sleeping in. But in the day the rain is kinda erratic and I have been drenched several times already. Was ill and on MC from work for two days for the past week.

My brother is climbing Mt Kinabalu tomorrow. Such fun. I'm jealous! Haha. Please be safe and healthy when u come back (:

Ok so I dug out Bangkok pictures to share. Went there with my good friends JQ and YL in May earlier this year (Y2011).

That was like half a year ago (omg). Hahahaa. L-A-G-X-X.

Anyway went out with JQ before the trip to get our SGD changed to Baht.

At Tampines.

♪ I wanna be a billionaire... So freakin' bad.... 


Hahaha at the bottom right picture. We were laughing so bad at being crazy enough to take pics with our money at Macs.

Anyway, JQ did not join YL and I for the first 2 days of the trip. I can't remember why (too long ago, haha) but I think it was due to her wanting to find a job for the holidays.

YL and I at the airport! Her uncle sent us to the airport...




At the Budget Terminal... Had Macs for breakfast before flying off. And the bottom few pics of the collage are of the Bangkok Airport.

If you look at the 'Welcome to Thailand' poster on the bottom right, the discussion between YL and I went something like this...

Me: Wow look at that poster. Thailand girls are quite pretty.

YL: Yea this one is not bad.

*upon closer scrutiny of the poster*

YL: No wonder. She's Miss Thailand Universe!

Me: Hahahahahaa. -_-

Ok, a very meaningless conversation yet deeply etched in my mind.

We took a cab (quite expensive for my standards of pricing in Bangkok) and arrived at our affordable hotel. Which we were worried about because we'd heard stories of it being haunted (all thanks to the stereotype of Thai horror films). Turned out to be pretty nice! (:



Next we took this free hotel van to Siam Paragon (if I didn't remember the name of the mall wrongly) for our first meal since touch-down.



Is anyone reading this a big Tomyum fan like me? 
Any tomyum from any shop in Thailand is awesome. 
We randomly ordered tomyum from some random shop and it was so yummy.

I want tom yum now!

The pic in the centre of a drink is a drink YL bought to try. It's something like an ice-blend made from power berries and the whipped cream-like topping is actually whipped yoghurt. How healthy/ awesome? Btw the name of the drink was really funny. I can't remember what it was though. Gotta ask YL again when I meet her!


Yea and then we did what everyone does in Bangkok... Walk around and shop!

Bought my new cassette tape iphone cover from MBK (this mall in Bangkok)... Hehe am still using it now.


One of the tuk-tuk drivers drove us to a massage place which was really atas. 
I think the people in Bangkok are generally quite commercial. Probably because they earn commission for bringing tourists to shops I guess.

I still remember how I squealed when the masseur washed my legs for me before the massage. It was damn ticklish hahaa! 

And we did the traditional Thai massage whereby the masseur will bend your body parts for you. Imagine yoga, just that it's enforced by your masseur. I felt like a marinated chicken and it was mad hilarious to look at each other being massaged because we chose a room where we were laying down side by side. HAHAHA.

At night we had Indian food for supper. It was weird because all the available restaurants for supper sold Indian cuisine. We walked around and were like 'uhhh'. Had Naan and butter chicken for supper and after that they gave us that plate of green stuff to refresh our breath (bottom left picture).

I dunno what these green stuff are but I shall name it 'Indian mints'. Popping a few of it into your mouth - the taste is okay and yes it refreshes your breath.
Well I did something really stupid and ate a whole spoonful of it for fun. Hahaha it really sucked and I gagged because the taste was too overwhelming. I still have a phobia of it....

Ok and I feel too tired to make more collages of pictures so here are the original pictures (:

We went back to the hotel to rest for the day.


Our items from 7-11 for Day 1... Snacks and such. 

When we got back to the hotel YL realised she didn't bring her contact lens solution and had to go back down to 7-11 to get a bottle. We made a make-shift contact lens out of the hotel cups hahaha. 

Good night...~ Zzz


Next morning....

Day 2 in Bangkok!


Sneak peek of how girls get ready for the day. Haha. 
I generally wash up quite quickly so here's a shot of YL getting ready!

Random shots of Bangkok scenery.
All from my iphone.

I didn't dare to use my camera much because I didn't want to attract attention and get robbed. :P




Shopping! Platinum mall.

KFC for lunch!



And also a famous Thai dessert... Mango and glutinous rice.







This dish was from a food court. Over there their food court runs on a card system so they don't accept cash. To buy a dish u gotta queue and pay for a card (same price, no extra cost). Kinda redundant to me haha. I'd rather just pay cash without queuing.



Hot water to clean your utensils before use... Great idea for people who worry about hygiene.







Doughnuts... Which we didn't buy. I dunno why I snapped this picture.


Guess what these are?


I laughed when I realised they are padded underwear for girls with flat bums to wear so they look more voluptuous/ curvy.

I had a headache in this mall. There are so many shops and too many things for one to choose from to buy....




Went to Pratunam Market, a street full of cheap buys...



YL got a cold drink (heaven in the hot weather of Bangkok) and I tried this corn snack.


We were really shagged out from the shopping and went back to the hotel for a short rest before dinner at this restaurant- Oishi Grand.

Great buffet, comparable to Singapore's buffets, at a fraction of the cost.






Just to share how much we ate... Hahahaa.







Me with a har-gow. ;)



STUFFED TTM. We were so full that day! I had a stomach ache from being so full. We promised each other we wouldn't have food the next day but when we woke up we had brunch. Hahahaha.

Our messy rooms at night....


Shall end off with our pics that I like!






The 2 days in Bangkok was like our honeymoon together.

Hahahaa.

No comments: