My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

A short one

My brother's getting baptised! He's been going for Sunday baptism classes dutifully. Hmm it's quite amazing considering he has never been one who is motivated in the religious aspect. Happy for him ((:

And as expected, my mom's been asking me "when's your turn".

I'm the only one in my family who
1) doesn't go to church and
2) is not planning to get baptised.

Besides my brother in law that is, but he actually follows my sis to church on Sundays out of love (it's a very sweet gesture i think. love will keep us alive).

While my mom doesn't pressure me or whatever and respects my freedom of choice, I know deep inside she wants me to be more religious. But I haven't gotten the urge. No offense, but I've always felt that church is a social setting where people go to meet and bond with people. Like it's more social than religious at times. I know every location is a social setting, but I've been freaked out before.

When I was younger (under 20 years old hahahahahahaa ok there goes my age) I followed my sis to church and there was this guy who liked her and tried to use my younger bro and I as a way to get closer to my sis. Anyway he interrogated me about God and why I don't go to church more often and don't I know I'm letting God down etc and that made me really uncomfortable. Well. I still don't like to speak to him when I see him these days. It feels weird.

And recently someone from church is trying to get to know my mom better. His wife just passed away a year ago. And now he's looking for someone new for companionship. My mom said he probably chose her cos she told him her husband passed away 3 years ago. It's like as though people see church as a dating ground which I guess is true because people who go to church often have the same perspective and values in life but in some cases, it doesn't mesh well with me.

I'm not in a position to judge, but seriously, your wife, the woman you spent bulk of your life sleeping next to, passed away for just 1 year and now you're looking for someone else? It's kinda depressing in my honest opinion. I know people get lonely and stuff but still. To me it's quite disappointing. I hope not all humans are like that.

So long story short, my mom isn't interested but we (my elder sis and me and my mom) talked about it and told her if she does meet someone who feels right we don't mind her remarrying.

LOL kinda a strange concept. I've always seen it on TV or in movies but never thought it's apply in real life.

Yea just a short post and I am going to go get ready to go out for buffalo wings soon at Seletar Air Base. Yay.

Sayonara all.

Adios.

No comments: