My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Have you ever wondered..

I'm having a very very very good time enjoying my hols!
Sorry if my messages are lagged at times or if i dun reply, have recently been lazy to check my phone or type replies =X

Recently managed to get my ass moving by going running..
Ahh~ through soccer my jc cca i found out that the best way to lose weight is not to eat diet pills or deprive yourself of food.
IMO, the best way is to exercise adequately ( best is prob cardio) and at the same time, control your appetite ( don't eat too much).
Though i'm not super slim but this is how i got into a fitter shape
(:

Anyway, my legs itched like crazy when i ran !
:(
It itched so much i couldn't help scratching and now i have ugly red patches on my legs.
:(
It itched so bad, i itched to know what caused the itch that itched me so much.
lol! i'm so lame but it's fun playing with words (:

So i went home to do some research.
Ok, just through the almighty Google.

WHY DO YOUR LEGS ITCH WHEN YOU RUN?

After reading through many sources, I narrowed down to 3 more probable possibilities:

The reasons behind the itch is either

1) your leg hair

2) your capillaries

or

3) your type of sportswear.

Hmmm =/

Option 1 is definitely out.
Why? because.. I have no leg hair!!!!
Why? because.. I shave.
I'm a girl, so to maintain my feminism, I shave/ wax to attain the very lovely silky smooth soft legs a girl should have.
But which has now been blotched with red spots from scratching the itch. :(
Will you still love me if I have ugly blotchy legs? :(
So it can't be leg hair.

Option 3 is out too.
I run wearing fbt shorts.
No other areas of my body itched when i ran so it couldn't have been sportwear; my legs weren't even covered by cloth.

Therefore, most logical explanation must be...

Option 2!

And here's a pretty precise explanation from
http://running.about.com/od/racing/f/itchfaq.htm



Q. Why Do I Itch When I Run?

A. It usually occurs during exercise performed after a long period of
inactivity. The itching is not on the skin, it is inside the skin.
You see,
there are millions of tiny capillaries and arteries inside our muscles which
expand rapidly due to the demand for more blood that is brought on by exercise.
When our bodies are sufficiently fit, these capillaries remain open allowing
maximum blood passage, but, when unfit and inactive, they tend to collapse,
allowing only minimal blood passage (which is sufficient for a sedentary person,
however). The rapid expansion of these vessels causes adjacent nerves to send
impulses back to the brain which are interpreted as an itch.The problem should
go away once you have increased your fitness level.


Cool beans. (:
Hooray for biology, there is now a logical explanation.

& u know what this means?

I'm going running more often! Fitness.fitness.fitness.fitness.fitness.

& today was awesomeeeeeeee !
I'm so happy!
I had a great day out with my fam !
& I bought sooo many things! wheeee!
& I got so many compliments!
Plus the next few days i am fully booked too!
This is fun. I really love the holidays! I love catching up with friends!
*excited*

The bad things: I fell down in front of many, infront of Macs :(
The world is going crazy, with all the bombing, terrorism, the hatred..
Where is the love? :(
Is everybody going crazy? :(
Are we feeling what we ought to, doing what we should?

No comments: