My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

afraid.

Recently, I've heard about many couples around me breaking up.
The not so stable ones, the stable ones, and even the most stable ones.
One couple who have gone steady for 6years have also broken up, reason being that the girl met someone else in her university.. I feel the pain for the guy.
Sigh.. It's sad... To see people who have been together so long become separated eventually..
I have to admit.. I'm very influenced by this.. I'm really quite afraid in fact, cos uni is gonna be such a huge transition..
He's very nice to me now, but probably because he's in NS... Am not saying that's the only reason that he's being nice.. But you know what I mean.. NS and uni are definitely 2 completely different things..
I'm really quite afraid that once he goes into uni he'll meet lots of awesome girls and I'll be left behind... To say the truth.. I wouldn't be surprised.. I mean.. There are definitely many, many more girls who possess better criteria than myself. I know that reality fairly well. So who am I to stop anything from happening? Who am I to tie him down? I can't and I know it.
Oughta be stronger I know. Oughta have more faith and trust. Oughta believe in him, in myself, in us. I know, I know.
But love.. It's so fragile.. You never know when it'll feel different.
You never know how strong your love can be, until it's put to test..
And when it doesn't work, it'll feel like a thousand daggers being shoved into your heart..
Loving.. Losing.. Perhaps a vicious cycle?
I'm praying. And hoping. And wishing. For the long journey up ahead.

P.S. don't come telling me that me and him are strong. You know how unpredictable things are in life. We could be dead in the next few seconds. Life is too unpredictable. So is love.

Even the strongest, can fall.

No comments: