My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sydney (Part 1)

It must be quite a joke to still be doing projects, post graduation from the university, at my age of 25.

But yes, I just finished 2 projects and yes, it feels good.

Thanks to my job as a management trainee, I still have more projects to do. Ugh. Can't say I love it.

So, I visited Sydney in June for my 25th birthday!

25 is my favourite number in this lifetime. I can't really remember the roots of 25, but I do remember it coinciding with my crush's register number, and how I seem to have affinity with this number.

So, when I turned 21 I did not have a party (I was never a party person, contrary to common belief), and instead saved for travelling and rainy days.

So here I go embarking on a lone trip to Sydney to discover another part of my favourite Australia, and also, to discover myself. (:

I chose the winter season cos aside from Bangkok (which I visit like twice a year, haha love it), I usually prefer to travel to cooler/ colder countries.

All pictures from my iphone cos I bought it especially for this trip.



Packing... And my cat has to climb into the luggage.

She is so lovable yet ill mannered and I had to remove all her hairs from my clothes the night before I flew. (She's right beside me now as I type)



I went to work like this and headed to the airport directly after work.




My new pink luggage, Bought it with my good friend JQ.



Before my flight I got myself a Marc by Marc Jacobs bangle from the shopping area at Changi Airport...

Wasn't cheap but I love it.


On the 9 hours flight.


The beef was so good.

Qantas is my favourite airline, I like it more than SIA.



Reached Sydney safely, and I got a SIM card and these transport passes.

They were not cheap but would last me for a week's public transport travel in Sydney. (I didn't cab at all to save travelling costs)



Double decked trains in Sydney...

Nice.


Seats were always plentiful, kinda different from Singapore trains.

My transport passes also included ferry rides, which I took daily to get from my hostel to the mainland. 

I loved the ferry rides!

My first glimpse at the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.

The weather was great.





Pretty pics from my phone.


This is where I stayed for the first few days- Kirribilli.



My lodge. Pretty and quaint.

Simple room all for myself.



Good weather = good skin!

Xx

No comments: