My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

The worst customer EVER

Ok, so most of you reading this probably know me personally.

Hi (:

Right now I'm working in the client management department in a relatively elite enrichment centre. I've been working in the front line and customer service sector and have been exposed to this field since I was 17. The part time jobs and all.

So I guess I've seen my fair share and a whole variety and range of customers.

BUT I JUST MET THE WORST CUSTOMER EVER, SERIOUSLY.



Let's back track to a few months ago.

I was at the front desk at my enrichmment centre, minding my own business and doing my own work stuff.

This dad approaches me. He's a mixed blood, with a Eurasian surname, and pseudo-Indian. (no offense in any way, I'm just describing him)

He told me it's his child's first lesson.

So I told him alright, I'll bring the child for an orientation around the place, and checked if he has paid the fees.

HE IMMEDIATELY EXPLODED.

"You're disgusting," he yelled. "All you and your centre thinks about is money and fees and it's materialistic, filthy and disgusting. You're supposed to be teaching children, educating them, and all you think about is money."

I was shocked, so were the other parents and my colleagues who were present at the scene.

Anyway, I stayed calm and pretended not to hear his OFFENSIVE words. FYI (for your information) I think he's more disgusting than me lor, I mean, the man is rude, nasty, explosive, AND has a beer belly.

So I apologised and told him I did not mean to agitate him or to be focused on the money. (Internal note: moreover, I am not the one earning the most from the fees he is paying.)

But alas, he already bore a grudge against me. He then forced me to photocopy all the documents for him, even the confidential ones. I told him the company's policy usually forbids the photocopying, and then he got upset again. My team leader then told me to go ahead and photocopy the documents for him. Guess what he told me? "You must be making up your own rules as I speak to you."

Ok then I brought him and his child around the place, and I advised him about the carpark charges at my centre. "The parking lot has a 15 minutes grace after which you will be charged SGD $3." He glared at my and said, "Do I look like I can't afford to pay? Is that what you mean?"

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!

Anyway on that very day, many weeks ago, I DID NOT LET THIS INCIDENT BOTHER ME. I just told myself, this man may be nice, he is probably just having a bad day.



Ok fast forward to present time, today, Saturday 16 February.

He appeared at the front desk again. I was the only one free, so I stood up to serve him. He shook his head and declined my help, and chose to wait for my other colleagues to be done.

Okay, fine. Less work for me anyway right? At least I tried.

Anyway I had other things to do and I got up and left the front desk.

Immediately after I left, he went to backstab and speak badly of me to my colleagues.

He told my colleagues, "That girl just has a knack to annoy me. I'll never let her serve me."

I only knew after I returned and my colleagues told me what he said.

WELL EXCUSE ME!

I find it extremely untrue, mean, offensive and unnecessary.

If you don't like me, TELL IT TO MY FACE. Don't go and tell people behind my back. Are you a wuss or something?

I have my own share of compliment letters ok. And I never had a single complaint letter up till now. I take pride in my work.

I SUSPECT I LOOK LIKE YOUR CHEATING EX GIRLFRIEND or something. Why else would you launch such personal attacks and UNCONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM towards me?

So upset.

BEING JUDGED WHEN THE OTHER PERSON DOES NOT EVEN KNOW ME. 

Ughhh.

I'm never gonna allow myself to serve him by the way. The same way that he won't allow  himself to be served by me.

This is the first time someone hates my face to this extent I think. And he's a stranger.

UGHHHHHHH.

Anyway, to all those people who are mean to strangers and service staff for no rhyme or reason, seriously...

I'm just gonna say I don't think you are nice. And you're embarrassing no one but yourself.

And I'm gonna post these angsty images from Tumblr here...




FYI I'm not the only person that man is mean to, but he is the meanest to me.


 Can't wait to go running, either this evening or tomorrow morning.

RUN AWAY THIS ANGST AND INJUSTICE I'M FEELING.


Thanks for reading this long-winded and angsty post.

No comments: