My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Afterlife?

My grandfather passed away yesterday. Received the news that he was gasping for air so I left work early to visit him. Luckily I did so, managed to see him one last time.

Though it's sad that he has left Earth but I'm not that sad cos he lived to a ripe old age. 90 years old (: That's a well-lived long life.

Felt a little sad though when my grandma couldn't help herself and cried. Spoke to him in hokkien saying '你安心上路吧' and things like that. I can't understand Hokkien very well but hearing the tone of her voice... Couldn't help but tear a little. They were married when my grandma was 17. She's 83 this year. That's a whole lot of decades spent together. My grandma's ok too, handling it well. I guess when we all grow older, we know that we all have to go sooner or later.

It was the first time I saw someone pass away in front of me. Breathing, and then, stopped breathing. It's strange.

I wonder what do we see when we die? Is it God, a bright light, angels or 牛头马面? Haha it's a question no one can answer. I remember I read in an issue of Reader's Digest that someone who was rescued from the brink of death testified that a noose was thrown around him to pull his soul from his body. Strange but interesting to ponder about.

Didn't manage to catch my Dad's last breath cos he passed away when everyone was sleeping. Am quite remorseful about it so dear all, do try to make time when someone is leaving (although we can never be sure of the exact moment).

Here's to life and death (:


No comments: