My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Friday, March 9, 2012

the worst kinds of sadness,


are those that have to be shouldered alone.




Been having supper for two days straight. FATS. Enjoyed it though. Today we (YL, JQ, QQ, me) had an extremely terrible meal at Lerk Thai Bedok Point. DO NOT PATRONIZE THAT PLACE.  Food and service sucks.

 Saw Olivia Ong (the singer) today! She sat right next to our table. Really slim and very pretty. I'm... starstruck and inspired. Beautiful people exist!

 It's my bro's birthday today. SHENG RI KUAI LE! He's 18 this year. Damn fast. And I miss being 18. That was 5 years ago. 

 My POSB debit card has been deactivated today. Hope I can properly activate the new one by tomorrow. I tried it once but the transaction failed. So annoying. Don't want to make a trip down to the bank just for this....

Got my eyebrows trimmed. A little piece of happiness to have tidy brows. The auntie who trimmed my eyebrows told me the colour of my lips show that I have poor digestive health. Omg. Need to eat well. Soon.

My grandfather is in the hospital. He had colon cancer previously. Now he has a tumor somewhere in his stomach. Visited him at the hospital the other day and seeing ill patients lying on the bed, looking skinny and fragile... reminded me of my father. And how frail life is. Thankfully, grandpa seemed fine. 

I also realized that although I studied life science in the university, it is highly unlikely I will work in the hospital. Not anytime soon anyway. Meanwhile, *salutes* my friends and strangers who work in the hospital. Hospital jobs are noble jobs. Regardless of the job position.

Received some of my Gmarket goods and my new contacts. Another little piece of happiness. I got this very awesome comb for long hair at just $1.90. Haha. Gmarket rocks! I love bargains ^_^

Collected my new passport. As usual, I was late for my appointment. By half an hour. Made small talk with the friendly guy who processed my new passport. Got 'rid' of my old passport and the ugly photo used for that passport. 

Walked from Lavender to Bugis. Reminded me of how we used to walk pass the same places. The ghosts... of you.

Have been patronizing a new drink stall at the new temporary 85 market under my house. The usual 'Auntie... Teh bing yi bei!' before work on days I work 12-10pm. 
The auntie suddenly started calling me 'xiao gong zhu', meaning little princess. I asked her why and she told me cos I look like one. The uncle queueing behind me even commented, "Xiao gong zhu, ni de shui hao le". Very random. She managed to guess right away that I was born in 1989 by the way. Shit. I thought I looked 21. Haha.

And oh yes, the informative sms. SBS- stands for the hokkien phase 'si bei sian'. Pardon me, for some feelings can only be expressed using dialect. 

Need to stop swiping my card. Need to eat more vegetables. Need to drink less milk tea. Need to sleep early. It's 3.02am now. Been sleeping quite little for the past 3 days. Repercussion of too much tea in my bloodstream. Haha. 

Good night!

No comments: