My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

That feeling creepin' in...

 Just a quote I read which made me reminisce.


Lollipops turn into cigarettes. The innocent ones turn into sluts.
Homework goes in the trash. Mobile phones are being used in class.
Detention becomes suspension. Soda becomes vodka.
Bikes become cars. Kisses turn into sex.
Remember when getting high meant swinging on the playground?
When protection meant wearing a helmet?
When the worst things you could get from boys were cooties?
Dad’s shoulders were the highest place on earth and Mom was your hero?
Your worst enemies were your siblings. Race issues were about who ran the fastest.
War was only a board game. And the only drug you knew was cough medicine.
The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and goodbyes only meant until tomorrow?
And we couldn’t wait to grow up?

I miss those times. Once we grow up we'll never view things/ think of issues the same naive and innocent way anymore. I grew up; am still growing up. Sometimes I feel quite disgusted living in this world. It's kinda getting crazier the older I get and the more things I see LOL. In a good way I guess that's what makes it exciting? My mom is still my hero though ((((: She always will be. I can't wait to give her and my ah ma money when I get my first 'real' pay!

Don't really have the time to blog with pictures. Sorrryyyy to whoever is camping here for picture posts. Cos I'm under training and my work schedule is only out every Saturday for the next 3 weeks. Sooo irritating cos I don't know if I'll be free for my birthday. I'm turning 22! Old omg but ok I shall embrace it and mature beautifully (P.S. will be saying this for years to come till I bite the dust, should 2012 not be the end of the world).

Work ended at ten today, it's my first lateeee shift! Waiting for my off day to come again cos the last off day just flew away like that. Colleagues are nice (so far) and I don't think I'm the kind who will really be involved in politics so yea. (: Today I had a talk with a new 29 year old friend who's having his 'mid life crisis' and doesn't know what he is doing/ wants to do. I did my best to tell him it's ok and make him feel better. The talk kinda made me a little scared about my future. I mean my prerogative in life is that we should just live life happily, but I guess I want goals for myself too. I want to know what I will end up doing ultimately. :/ I'm definitely not the stay home kinda person so yes. I am motivated! ((: Can't wait for the 3 weeks of training to be over so that I can get my permanent work schedule and get my ass moving!

Ok surprisingly I am still physically and mentally alert. LOL! So gonna die tomorrow. (Maybe it's cos I had tea even though I'm having my period, not supposed to drink that but whatever)

And a note to myself. Just to remind myself.

TOUGHEN UP, CHLOE HUO XIUXIAN. *slaps myself with a dozen cold fish*
Stop wanting, craving, expecting, wishing. There's no end to this and the purpose is NIL.
The higher your expectations, the harder the fall, the more pain you feel. I want to learn to be more numb. ;)

On a sidenote recently talked to my ex and learnt that he got together with a new girl. Really glad for him and here's wishing him all the best. It's hard, but I really hope we can still be great friends ultimately.

 SAYONARA.

No comments: