My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dawn

Suddenly it dawned on me.

From my past relationship,I learnt more than I thought I did.
Learnt about what I can live with, and what I can't live with.

One thing is
I really dislike it when someone who is as important as to be my other half in this lifetime, makes an important decision without letting me know at all beforehand, until he has been accepted into the programme.

Please note that I am not unreasonable.
I won't want the person to back out of the programme.
In fact, if he backs out I'll feel more pissed off.
Cos if he signed up knowing it'll hurt us and then he backs out and loses out on this opportunity for himself, isn't it more retarded?!

If he says he didn't mean it,
To me it means he either did not do his research well on what he signed up for, or that he knew I'm the opportunity cost and he didn't bother to tell me.
That shows me ALOT about how much I mean to him

Just my personal perspective.
After making your choice, if you offer to drop out.
To the girl, u'd only be making her feel more worthless and also feel bad that you want to drop out of something good because of her.

Yep. On a personal basis I just don't like the feeling.
For me it'll be a two-way situation
Either I suck thumb, or I leave.

Oh well just a late night realisation which dawned on me.
I guess that in this kind of you-make-your-decision-and-i'll-make-mine situation

What to do is to:

1) Come to a decision after discussion.

2) If you didn't discuss about your decision, be sure that u know the pros and cons of your decision and the details of what you signed up for.

3) Don't say you want to back out of the decision easily. Be firm about your decision so your partner knows it was not a slip-shod decision. (unless your partner is the kind who will force you to back out before he or she will be happy)


3)If your partner is still sour about it, try to make her understand. If it's something good for you, chances are that your partner should give in because he or she'd want the best for you. In my opinion, a good partner is someone who'll make you a better person in more ways than one


4) If you really can't come to a consensus. Either you give in and put the issue behind you, or eventually you'll break cos of irreconcilable differences.

Ok end of my effective communication tips. Just my point of view so don't take it that seriously. Kinda morbid zzz.

Nights!

No comments: