My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy CNY (2011 Edition)!

Happy bunny year to all.
(:



The bunny is actually my favourite zodiac sign because it's really cute. I always like all the angpow packets I get cos of the cute rabbit designs on them.



My 'remaining' family who stays in the same flat. Cos my sisters are both married already.


Above 3 pictures taken from my cousin's semi-pro camera. Can really spot the difference in quality as compared to the usual compact camera. I want one too! (when I have the munny).


The view from my Ah Mah's place. It's super windy and cold over there; it's like natural air-con.


The gold bracelet from my mom that I wear every year without fail.
My mom told me gold is crazy expensive now so she's glad that she invested in it when we were young. Hahaa.

My favourite charms from the bracelet are the bird cage and the abacus! The abacus can actually really be used. Cute.



Here's another accessory I've been wearing alot this CNY. A red jewelled heartwithwings necklace from one of my university bazaars.And that's my new dress!



Been eating/ accompanying others to eat alot of this.
McDonald's Prosperity Fish Burger.
It's niceee! :D



Of course, Chinese New Year just ain't the same without my mother's homemade cookies...


Home-made agar agar...

And home-made yam cake! (this is the topping for the yam cake which I don't really fancy cos of the dried Chinese sausage but it's still dayumz)

Went to my ah ma's place and spotted these wedding pictures from my second sis's wedding I've never seen. So I took pictures.


 

Spot me! :P

Other notes to remember about CNY 2011:
 
1) Ate alot of pig trotters stewed with mushrooms, zhap cai and ngor hiang. Damn scared of these 3 foods now. 
2) Ate alot of pineapple tarts. It's strange, but I never seemed to like them so much until this year!
3) Alot of deadlines. Grumbles.

Tu fei meng jing everyone!

No comments: