My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

外婆

Omg. 4am and I can't sleep. GG. I think it's cos I drank too much green tea for Soh's birthday just now.

Sian max. The one week recess week is coming to an end just like that.

ARGH.
Photobucket

Anyway, my grandma just moved to her new flat at Kallang. It's the new HDB flats called Kallang River Vista and the view from the flat is pretty.

Sitting by this window-box is pretty chill cos the wind is awesome. I think it's probably cos the flat is located near Kallang River.

My mom and my ah ma and me. 3 generations haha.
Ah ma's eating the scallop porridge we bought from 126 for her. Yum.

I can't really communicate that well with my grandmother cos her chinese isn't all that good and I can't speak hokkien. Despite the communication barrier, she's a really wonderful grandma who has brought up her children through hard work like washing clothes in the past. She's really thrifty, always not wanting to take a bus to the market and opting to walk instead to save the few cents. And also, she never fails to ask after me and always cooks stuff for me to eat. Even when I'm too busy to visit her, she gets my mother to 'ta-pao' the food home for me. She even remembers my birthday and gave me an angpow for my 21st, which is very thoughtful especially coming from a thrifty elderly who doesn't have much cash to spare in the first place.

I feel blessed and kinda sentimental, thus I'm here typing this post. Photobucket Anyway the sad thing is that my grandfather 'ah gong' seems to be slipping away cos of old age. He always calls out to his own mother (who has already passed on) and is physically weak and doesn't talk much anymore. My mom told me my father was like that too, before he passed on. Should anything happen, really hope my grandmother will be fine.

Sigh. Once again reminded of how life will eventually end. Sometimes I wonder. Do we ultimately walk this road alone? Major sigh. Even so, I'd still give my all to fill my life with love and colour.

Here's a Jay Chou song which I'm listening to now and is apt for this post.

外婆 by 周杰倫



Meaningful lyrics.

她要的是陪伴
而不是六百块
比你给的还简单


Cherish your loved ones (:

No comments: