My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Friday, April 17, 2009

May the force be with me

WA LIEW!
It isn't often that I start a blog post with a hokkien vulgarity because I detest using them. It's crude and un-lady like, I know... Hahaa, see, I'm indeed a true-blue Singaporean.

But during times like this... I gotta use them... Because I'm feeling upset...

Studied hard for STATS and got back my results for the past two tests.. Results which were really shitty!!!! And to think I thought I did ok...
See why I hate math so much? Cos I just ain't got any talent or flair for it...
I think that opposites really do attract... Because my boyfriend is really good at math while I'm most definitely not... Why can't his mathematical mind just rub off a little on me?

I'm really at the bottom of the cohort for this module...
I hate being consumed by the need to stay afloat and at the top all the time... This race for a degree, a better future seems so superficial, because doing well academically doesn't necessarily make you better than others in terms of many, many aspects... Yet, to be realistic, what better ways are there to gauge one's intellect? At least in my world and society, getting a good degree means more-or-less a stable future...

I'm tired of all the disappointments and hopes at times... Life isn't always fair. Just because you put in 80% hard work doesn't mean you'll do better than someone else who put in just 30% of hard work... Just because your father's a good man doesn't mean he wouldn't fall prey to diseases... I guess I haven't fully gotten over mine being taken away from me yet..

Sometimes all I really want is in fact to travel the world with my other half in future and visit all the little nooks and corners on the face of Earth... To breathe in fresh air and taste the smell of flowers in the air... Haha, I'm a die-hard romantic... Such a beautiful life... You live each day on its own... Seriously, that life would be so wonderfully awesome! I'm always envious when I chance upon blogs of people doing that...

Yet I know I need to live up to the hopes of my dear mother who brought me up all these times despite all the hardship she had to endure... It's really my duty as a daughter to make sure I graduate and make her dreams of all her children growing up well and good come true... Moreover, I guess the only way to fulfil my dream is to get a degree, earn money and then I can start travelling. Also, since I've already gotten in the process of getting the degree, what's another 2, 3 more years?

Yay, I can almost feel my optimism rising again. Hahaa. Everybody, please lend me your force so I can run over this 'long yard' in life ! May the force be with me (:

How'd I get from the topic of sucky results to the topic of living my dream? I have no idea... Guess I'm really good at digressing... :pPP

2 words to remind myself that I have to hold on:
必胜

Hanging on ;)

No comments: