My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Blading

Went blading on 3rd March, Sunday, at EAST COAST PARK.
 
 It's been a long time since I bladed.
 
(Didn't add any filter to the pictures from my iphone, too lazy)
 
 
Hello.

On the taxi with JQ NEO.


I think the cab fare to ECP was like $6 in total, which makes it $2 per person. I don't really cab, but this ride was completely worth it. Surprisingly affordable

The weather that day was epic. Really sunny and humid and warm. Sometimes I really dislike tropical weather but ok, I shall not whine.


The group!

Left to right: JQ, KIWI, KHEI, ME, YL

We are all easties, from Bedok and Pasir Ris


The left 3 were hiding behind YL and I, so both YL and I look like giants. Ok maybe I'm just making up excuses for myself lol.

PLZ EAT LESS CHLOE HUO (hahahaa)


YL guiding me along. I'm so wobbly

I must say I hate renting blades from shops because

#1: they stink
#2: they are ill fitting

An uncle actually bladed past me and told me my blading is fine (I'm sure he meant it was passable lol I kinda suck at blading in my honest opinion) but my blades are for kids.

Stupid shop which rented me kid's training blades.

I knew something was wrong cos the base of the blades was expandable and the guy simply pulled it to the maximum shoe length. Not to mention that Kiwi looked at the blades from the back and told me the wheels on the right blade were really eroded and tiny.

Generally I had a hard time blading on uneven, painful blades. YL was in pain too, she had 2 giant blisters by the end of the day thanks to ill fitting blades.


Anyway yes I did fall while blading (I think like 3-4 times hahah) and while I was getting up, my friend took a series of the above shots.

I look so graceful picking myself up after a fall.

Lol pui pui pui just joking.

Kinda funny to look at the shots though.

You know what they say,

"FALL DOWN 7 times, stand up 8"

Don't forget the above wise words...


Getting pulled along at a much faster picture by Kiwi and Khei. I'm such a lightbulb

Khei is Kiwi's girlfriend and I'm rooting for this couple. :D

Khei is quite the eater and is so skinny! #why.is.my.metabolism.not.awesome.like.that


Our food for the day. Ice cream's not mine lol it's too thick and heavy for me. If you're guessing the ice cream's from Awfully Chocolate, you're right.

Joke of the day was that YL and I saw a sizzling platter on the neighbouring table and thought it was a crumble so we ordered the crumble.

The crumble arrived and we realised that sizzling platter we were looking at was in fact a plate of buttered potatoes, not crumble. Lol?! Misconception max.

By the end of the day... Shagged face


Went home, showered, cringed in pain when the water and soap hit my ankle so I used my semi DSLR to take a picture of my ankle
.
Ill fitting blades indeed.

Gore.

OUCH.

Now I gotta go to Bali with cuts, wounds and blisters on my feet and legs. How imperfect but nevermind.

Battle scars.

XX, Chloe

No comments: