My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Krabi 2012

Pictures from a trip to Krabi 6 months ago. Lagged post.

Will I ever return to Krabi? YES!

I actually did minimal activities there cos I was sick at that point of time and also, I went with a girlfriend who's more into massages and less active activities.

Another picture heavy post. (:

Click the link below to read!






The plane ride there!

 I didn't realise I actually took a Airasia's flight before. For this Krabi trip, my friend settled everything.

Actually for all of my trips thus far, the person travelling with me always settled everything.

Blessed I am (:

Anyway I'll be going to Bandung next year and I tried to have a role reversal and be the one who settles the air tix from Air Asia, for the first time. But the website for Air Asia was so unfriendly so in the end my friend had to do it. She did tell me her life shortened cos she got pissed off trying to book the air tickets off the non-user friendly website.

o_O




Girly passport covers- cute and for girls.


I need my own pair of Ray-bans soon!

We took a shuttle bus from the airport to the Ao Nang area.

Try not to take the shuttle bus if you can help it.

Cos

1) The bus takes a very long route

2) The bus driver will drop you off at this place where they isolate tourists and try to con you into buying much more expensive packages for island hopping

3) The bus gets very stuffy over time

And yes, we got conned.

Zzzz note to self: Be more street-wise in future and not be so easily psycho-ed into buying expensive packages in foreign lands.




Thai Baht ^_^v



Our luggages piled up at the front of the bus.

Reached our first hotel which is cheap and good.

Love the platform bed!


And the towel elephants are cute too :3


 A glimpse at the first hotel we stayed in.



I did not have the time to swim in the pool.

It's so sad to go on a trip when there is a time limit cos of work obligations.

It's ok... I'll be back!




I love the old school glass bottls of mineral water.

The streets of Krabi.

Generally all the buildings in Krabi are wide spread and only 1-2 storeys tall.




Tuktuk (above) for transport around Krabi, not unlike other areas in Thailand.


 Me and my straw hat.


Lunch.

I could not taste anything at this point of time because I was down with the flu.

I got the flu like 2-3 times this year ):




Fizzy cola from the bottle. Another favourite.


Star shaped rice.



My beautiful friend who does not look like her age at all. She's much older than me and always gives me advice!

A sickly me, but that's not the main point because...


This pizza only cost like 5-6 SGD.

How affordable is that? I love Thailand.


Snapping touristy pictures with the more pricey taxis for transport around Krabi.



I bought a new straw hat. :3




Magnet souvenirs.


Scooters for rent! I didn't get to ride them this trip. I definitely will in future!


It started raining so we decided to spend the evening doing massages.



SHUANG TTM. xx

Dinner was mad awesome too.

We had dinner at this beautiful place with a great view of the sunset.











The shop keeper made me take a picture with the fish he was going to cook for me.

"Catch of the day", he said with his Thai accent.

By the way, one of the waiters wanted to take a picture of me with his handphone.

I did not decline.

I only hope the picture in his phone is nice, lol. -_-


My fave picture of Stella and myself.



Table of food!




Thinking about this meal makes me salivate.

It was so delicious, nutritious, and affordable!

Ate like a king.


That night after dinner, my friend went for more massages and I explored the night market myself.

 -------

The second day, weather was pretty good in the morning!

We were doing island hopping that day.

We chose the Hong Island tour because Stella had been on the Phi phi island tour previously.

Hong Island is definitely not as pretty as Phi phi island which is kinda sad for me cos I didn't get to see the super beautiful blue sea view as shown on the net.

Never mind, I'd go again next time! :3





We met this Argentinian couple on the Hong Island tour, who are both playing for the Argentinian national team for volleyball.

They are so compatible and such a good-looking pair. They were on their honeymoon tour around Thailand.

God bless them! (:




Some views of Krabi. But as I mentioned, the island tour I went on was not as breathtaking as some of the others.


Enjoying the view.

Some narcissistic pictures of myself.

OHAI.





I think those are paintball bruises on my knees, if I didn't remember wrongly.

Did some snorkeling.

First time doing that, and I realized I'm a little freaked out by fishes.

But I like snorkeling (:



My back view. I think I look a little chubby, need to exercise more and tone myself up more. (:










It started raining halfway through the island-hopping tour and we were freezing on the speedboat.

Couldn't wait to get back to the hotel to take a hot shower..

It got sunny again on the way back to mainland though.


Thai pepsi. Glass bottle again.


 On the speedboat, on the way back.


We took this old school truck back to our next hotel.



Another pretty hotel room.

I decided to swim while my friend showered.



Yay, I had the pool all to myself.



Dinner at another restaurant next to the sea.


The ice lemon tea :*




Another great dinner.

Mango sticky rice zomg.

Some random pictures...


Fluffy cat.



The Krabi stamps are really pretty and I miss these old school envelopes!

Ended the trip off with a simple breakfast the next morning.

Look at the margarine it is so pretty.




Well Krabi, until I see you again...



No comments: