My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Friday, August 5, 2011

✈台灣✈ Part 1

Went to Taiwan in May this year
It's now August.
I know, this post is way overdue.
Time is just zooming by! ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
Looking at these pics really make me miss Taiwan and flying off to places I've never been before and just exploring.
These pictures are really a joy to look at.

This was my first backpacking trip and it was great ^^
Some pics to share; I'll be blogging about different days in Taiwan for some time cos I was there for quite a while.

✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈

The first day~ Flying off!

Lots of parents don't allow their children to go overseas with somebody of the opposite sex one on one but I'm thankful that my mom really trusts me and I never had this problem at all. Went on this trip with Mr P.

It was pure coincidence that my university friends Poh and Marilyn were also going to Taiwan and that Poh booked the same air tickets as Mr P and I. Marilyn was taking a later flight.

Here we are at Budget Terminal Macs. (The only place I will eat at the Budget terminal cos there really is nothing else heehee but Macs is usually considered yummy to me )




Lol I look a little like Mr P when I wear my specs.

Before I went on this trip, AVA called me to tell me I got into the second round of interview for the post of assistant HR manager. But the interview was only held on days when I was out of the country. Felt a sense of loss when I rejected the interview.

Excited about the trip nonetheless!




On the plane.
Poh, Mr P, and I were sitting in the same row.
Btw, Mr P's surname is Poh and we call my university friend 'Poh' because his name is Chin Poh. So I was on the plane with two Pohs! Hahaa alright kinda lame but cool in some ways too huh.

 I was having a terrible flu on the flight itself cos I couldn't sleep well the night before (was too excited).
Ears got really stuck due to air pressure on the plane and it remained that way for a few days in Taiwan. When my ears finally eventually did 'pop' and I could  finally hear properly, I told Mr P, "I can finally hear the scooters in Taiwan!" That happened when we were at Taipei 101 building.

 Arrived at night and then we took a 1 hour bus ride to Ximending. All 3 of us did minimal planning and when we got onto the bus we were confused. Anyway, we did manage to find our way. (:
 
Poh had already booked his own hotel before hand but Mr P and I were backpacking with no prior plans and had to find a random hotel to stay in for the night. Heehee it was a little worrying but very very refreshing and fun!
 
 
Our hotel! Looks much better on photos. It was really quite bad cos it was really cheap.
 
 
It only cost NT700 for a night's stay.. Which is ~30 SGD.
 
Supper at some random stall near our hotel.
 
 
They had 'lu rou fan' (braised meat rice). That's like one of the most common food in Taiwan I think. Cos they kept eating it. Guess what, I ate 0 of that cos I'm not a fan. :D 
I ordered some soup noodles that night but didn't like it so Mr P ate it for me. Hahaa.
 
Bought a sandwich from 7-11 for myself instead.
 
 
I LOVE IT! ♥ ♥ ♥
Super awesome sandwich I can't get enough of. Ate alot of it throughout the whole trip.
Singapore's 7-11 is really screwed up and sucky compared to the 7-11 in other countries like Taiwan and Japan.
 
Bed time and then our first time seeing the sun in Taiwan the next day!
 
 
My backpack and Mr P. He looks like a little boy lol.
 
 
 
Some pictures of urban Taiwan while heading out for our breakfast.
 
 
 We had dou jiang you tiao!
 

Haha some random uncle eating next to us.
 
 
 

 I don't like the you tiao in Taiwan cos it's too oily.
 
How do Taiwan people eat such oily food (much of their food is fried and unhealthy) and stay so slim?!
 
I bet it's genes. Just like how they are so fair skinned. Life is so unfair hahaha.
 
Another Friday. TGIF for all who doesn't have work on a Sat.
 
And guess what. I'm working till 10 today to close the facility I'm working at tonight, and my friend had to disturb me by telling me it's the 7th month. Thanks huh......
.____________.

No comments: