My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Malacca!

Hi (:
I've just ended my exams 2 days ago and am now free! :D
So what have I been up to?
Just planning my itinery for my free-and-easy upcoming trips and catching up on sleeps, shows, net-surfing and the general elections. I think I know who I'm gonna vote for already.

Back in December 2010, I went to Malacca with the bunch below!


We met early in the morning, took a SBS bus to Larkin and bought takeaway macs to eat on the bus. Poor QQ didn't buy macs though it was so cheap cos he had wanton mee for breakfast beforehand!

Macs is really cheap in Johor, about half price in comparison to SG.



A random mama shop in Johor.

YL and I didn't sleep the night before so the 2 of us concussed on the way from Larkin to Malacca. QQ and JQ were awake mostly; with QQ playing some high school game on his iTouch. Apparently the ride to Malacca was bumpy and the driver of our bus sped like a speed demon. Hahaa. No wonder I had a headache when I woke up at the destination!



The view from the bus.

We reached the destination earlier than expected and took a taxi to our hotel. The uncle cheated our money! Grrrr. And this was the first taxi we took which was very run-down. No air-con and all. QQ and JQ had never been to Malacca and that ride gave them the feel that Malacca is very 'primitive'.


The hotel lobby!

Because we reached too early we couldn't check in.


Finding directions to a nearby shopping mall to walk around.

We had KR to rest our feet! Shared a meal.



JQ and I posing with our loots from Etude House.


QQ and YL. We had gift exchange for belated Xmas and it turned out that YL and I, and QQ and JQ were coincidentally each others' angel and mortal! Despite randomly drawing lots. (:


Us going back to the hotel. That's our hotel. It looks nice huh.
Pictures of our room.



The hotel and the room looks quite nice huh. But it's a facade!

Maybe it's because we got the furthest block (from the main building) so our room was pretty old, dusty and our seaview was a swamp. The corridor was pretty smelly with alot of garbage too. :\ We booked 2 rooms; QQ had it worst cos when he bathed the water that came out from the showerhead was a rusty brown. Old piping. Hahaa.

The 'seaview' from our room! Quite nice in photos.


Us unpacking.




JQ, counting her $$$

Timer shot! (QQ was in his own room)

After that we went to explore Malacca.


The mentioned smelly corridor. Btw the lift had huge metal doors with no sensor and kept closing on us, crushing each of us at least once on our trip. Hahaa!



The hotel. Gives one a 'villa' feel. Too bad our room was quite cui!


Jonker Street, one of the well known streets in Malacca. We took a taxi there and the taxi driver was a friendly, lovely man who guided us around.


Had chicken rice balls for lunch/ tea break! The famous shop was pumped full of people so we tried this other stall with a rubber chicken outside.

VERDICT: It wasn't very nice. We regretted after we walked past another stall, Farmosa, after we'd have eaten here!


After that we went for Chendol! Awesome in super hot Malacca.

Hot school decor in the small shop.




Quite a nice pic of QQ and me in the shop.
QQ had magnum at this stall! Think he couldn't stand the heat.


This is the auntie who was making the chendol. YL felt bad for her cos she worked so hard and gave her more money if I didn't remember wrongly. But the auntie turned out to be quite unfriendly when we asked her for directions which was -.-

Anyway further up the street there was a chendol stall with much bigger bowls of chendol! Regretsss!

We ate this yummy hand/homemade ice lolly too! Niceeeee! YL and I had pandan but only JQ had sour plum. We always tease that she's pregnant cos of her taste in food and dressing (the loose at tummy kinda clothes) hahaa.


We also had this fish shaped cake thingie! There was kaya inside. Yumms! YL's recommendation. A must-have! Wanted more but was just too full.



After that we just walked around and shopped (:


The most awesome cheese tarts ever!

When night fell we had A&W's for dinner. This peddler 'attacked' YL with her goods while we were queueing for food. QQ went to help out and guess what? Both YL and QQ ended up buying the goods. Hahaa such sweet friends I have. JQ being the paparazzi as usual, snapped this shot! HAHA.

P.S. the green sign in the picture says 'KELUAR' which means 'EXIT'.


Some night scenary! We walked from the malls to Jonker to have a dinner/ supper of Nyoya food, then back to our hotel.



Shopped at Sanshugong for the local snacks there. I bought ALOT there cos my family loves such goodies. The person who bought the least? QQ!



QQ carrying JQ's and his San Shu Gong bags. Hahaa.


Interior of the restaurant we ate at. It was lovely!


Group pictures!


Our food. (:

And we bought those old school 'pop pop' things which we throw on the ground to make it 'explode'! We had a war on the streets. 3 (the girls) vs 1 (QQ)!

Back to the hotel for a good night's sleep!


LOL internal JOKE.


Our LOOTS! Scary?!
I expect much more for our upcoming BKK trip ;)

In the end QQ came over to shower too cos as mentioned, the tap in his room gave him rusty brown water. Cui ttm!

In the morning... Breakfast!


YL and I look pretty bad and tired in the picture above. We call these our 'morning faces'. Haha funny thing is, Mr Chan commented on Facebook that 'you girls look good'. LOL?! Mr Chan is our sec school Math teacher and he is funny!


The rendang and teh tarik for breakfast was awesome (: I miss hotel breakfasts! Who wanna go and eat breakfast with me SMS me please! (If I can wake)

Some last minute shopping!


YL bought Dior's highlighter.

And we boarded a tour bus home. Kinda expensive; YL said the man who recommended it to us was lying. He said there were no tour buses at the public bus terminal back to Larkin anymore. This one brought us to the customs directly.

Oh well.


Way home.


Shall end off the post with our group pictures!



The ice lolly thing. Btw bird shit fell on YL's hat while we bought this. We looked up and saw birds perched on a cable hanging over us. YL was unlucky ttm!





Overview of the trip:
The hotel was quite cui but I enjoyed the company. This was our virgin trip but it was enjoyable! Bought tons of stuff. Got to know of KAYA BALLS and now I'm always on the lookout for that food when I'm in Malaysia. Spent some money too; I wouldn't mind going back for a short trip! :D

Next stop for us: Genting/ KL?

No comments: