My trials, my tribulations, my lessons, my experiences, my joy, my thoughts, my feelings, my rainbows, my life.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

rest in peace

My uncle passed away...

Spent the first 2 days of the study week at the wake.

This uncle had a very strange temperament and did not get along well with the rest of the family.

Of all of my 21 years, I think he has never spoken to me once when we visited my grandparents although he stayed with them.

I was told that because of an incident which happened in his youth, he hated my grandmother and never tried to speak to anyone of the family for the past few decades.

He had a stroke, went into a coma, and then passed away.

Why I'm typing these on my blog is because something strange happened.
To me, what happened was quite intriguing. I don't really know what word to use to describe what I feel.

Just hours before he went into the coma, on the hospital bed, he talked to one of my other uncles and cleared up all the misunderstandings and grudges he had been bearing in his heart for the past few decades.
He even confessed that he had a wife and daughter in Indonesia.

A few hours late, he went into a coma, and his heart was very weak.
The doctor said he might not make it through the night.
My uncles and aunties did not want to alert my grandmother so late in the night for fear that she may be too frail to withstand the shock.

However, in the morning, my grandmother was informed and she came to visit my uncle who was in a coma. She spoke to him, although she did not know if he, who was in a coma, could hear her.

After she left the hospital, my uncle passed away.

The events seem strangely sequenced.

It seems that somehow, when people are near their deaths, they open up and do things which are deemed not in their usual nature. It seems like in their last breath, they tidy up all the issues in this life before moving off.

It's strange how my uncle cleared up all those grudges and hate right before he went into a coma.
Shocking how he passed away after he had finally seen and 'cleared the air' with my grandmother.

Hmmm. It makes me wonder if one knows he's able to leave the world...

If these events are merely coincidence, or are they spiritual?

Nobody will ever know, though. It's up to what we ourselves believe.

RIP.

No comments: